ChargePoint Technology’s PharmaSafe® transfer valve range offers the highest levels of operator protection through validated containment performance.
High containment powder transfer valves provide safe handling of non-sterile API and formulation ingredients with nanogram levels of containment performance.
ChargePoint’s PharmaSafe® valve range relies on split butterfly valve technology to deliver small and large, highly potent powder transfers.
Our PharmaSafe® valve offers numerous benefits including the reduced risk of contamination, meeting GMP and product quality requirements, maximising yield by transferring poorly flowing and high value products and removing costly secondary barrier containment and cumbersome PPE.
The three valves in the PharmaSafe® range include:
- ChargePoint PharmaSafe® – containment down to 1µg/m3
- High containment performance with no additional seals, vacuum or extraction required.
- ChargePoint PharmaSafe® pro – containment down to 0.1µg/m3
- ChargePoint PharmaSafe® excel – containment <0.1 µg/m3
- Advanced performance to nanogram levels in a compact efficient split valve.
The containment performance of the PharmaSafe® valves has been independently validated by customers and third parties according to the ISPE SMEPAC (Standardised Measurement of Equipment Particulate Airborne Contamination) guideline.
How it works:
The PharmaSafe® containment valve operates in the simple split butterfly valve sequence:
- The active and passive units are docked together. Each unit is sealed and cannot be opened unless they are docked together.
- The two-disc halves are locked in place to form a single sealed unit. The previously exposed interfaces are now sealed together to form a single butterfly valve disc.
- The active unit is the driving half of the valve. Once operated the disc will open to allow the transfer of material through the valve. The active and passive interface is sealed to ensure no material can penetrate the critical area. Once the transfer has taken place the valve is closed.
- The active and passive units are then unlocked revealing the previously closed interfaces ensuring a dust free transfer. An optional higher performance extraction process is available at this point with the PharmaSafe® pro and excel.
The ChargePoint PharmaSafe® range provides high containment powder transfers for all stages of the production process;